For us it is extremely important to ensure the protection and confidentiality of the personal data processed by VASS Lawyers.
Who are we?
Cabinet de Avocat VASS Iulia – Erzsebet (“VASS Lawyers”) is a law firm organized and functioning under Law no. 51/1995 on the practice of the legal profession, authorized through Decision no. 5175/05.11.2008 of the Bucharest Bar Association having its headquarters in 10 Alexandru Deparateanu street, district 1, Bucharest, Romania, fiscal registration code 21733403, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +4021.222.0977, +4021.222.0971, fax: +4021.222.0983.
What personal data we process?
VASS Lawyers is processing the following categories of personal data, as provided by you in your capacity of data subject and/or which are reasonable necessary to be processed for the purposes mentioned in this Policy:
- identification data (e.g. name and surname, domicile, birth date, personal identification number, number and series of the identification document);
- contact data (e.g. e-mail address, mailing address, phone number);
- data regarding profession, job position;
- data regarding studies and professional experience, as well as any other data sent within the CV, as well as, subsequently, in order to sign a contract with VASS Lawyers;
- where the case, special categories of data, such as:
data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, data concerning health;
- any other information which can identify a natural person by reference to one or more of the specific elements of his or her physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity;
- information collected during the use of www.vasslawyers.eu website, such as the time and date of access to the website and the IP address.
The personal data may be provided directly by you, in your capacity of data subject or by the (potential) client/business partner within which you carry out your activity and/or by the representative and/or the contact person within such (potential) client/business partner. VASS Lawyers, in its capacity as controller, is exempted from the obligation to inform the data subjects whose personal data were not obtained from them, but from the clients, considering that the personal data must remain confidential subject to a statutory obligation of professional secrecy, as regulated by art. 11 of Law no. 51/1995 on the practice of the legal profession.
Who are the data subjects?
VASS Lawyers is processing your personal data should you fall under any of the following categories of data subjects:
- candidates applying for a position at VASS Lawyers;
- natural persons subscribed to news alerts;
- VASS Lawyers’ clients or potential clients, natural persons;
- legal representatives and/or contact persons within VASS Lawyers’ clients or potential clients, legal persons;
- opponents of VASS Lawyers’ clients and/or potential clients or other third parties;
- VASS Lawyers’ business partners or potential business partners, natural persons;
- legal representatives and/or contact persons within VASS Lawyers’ business partners or potential business partners, legal persons;
- www.vasslawyers.eu website visitors.
Which are the data processing operations?
VASS Lawyers performs the following personal data processing operations, with or without the use of automated means: collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, erasure, as well as any other operations to the extent necessary for the conclusion and/or performance of a contract and/or compliance with a legal obligation.
Which is the purpose of data processing?
Personal data shall be processed by VASS Lawyers for one of the following purposes, as the case may be:
- carry out the recruitment process, as well as, subsequently, as the case may be, conclusion of a contract with VASS Lawyers, when the application is sent by you directly, via e-mail;
- provide to you our news alerts (e.g. legal newsletters in the area/areas of interest selected by the data subject within the subscription form, greeting cards, other communications in relation to the provision of legal services);
- conclusion of a contract between you or the legal person within which you carry out your activity and VASS Lawyers;
- performance of the contract concluded between VASS Lawyers and you or the legal person within which you carry out your activity (“Contract”), including: the provision of the legal services subject of the Contract (e.g. drafting legal documents, sending the documents to courts, institutions, authorities, natural or legal persons, according to our mandate); proper management of the Contract; invoicing of the legal services and drafting the appendices to the invoices using the invoicing software; managing court files through the software; carrying out any communication/notification during performance/negotiation of the Contract; debts recovery; any other operation reasonably necessary for the provision of the legal services;
- compliance with legal obligations to which VASS Lawyers is subject (e.g. obligations under Law no. 656/2002 for the prevention and sanctioning of money laundering as well as for the establishment of measures to prevent and combat the financing of terrorism; obligation to register operations in the electronic register of the documents drafted by lawyers; archiving obligations; any other obligations provided by the statute of the legal profession);
- determining the manner of use of www.vasslawyers.eu website by its visitors.
The provision of the personal data necessary for the purposes mentioned above may be mandatory. Your refusal to provide such data may lead to the impossibility for VASS Lawyers to conclude a contract with you or the legal person within which you carry out your activity, to properly perform the contract and/or to comply with the legal obligations incumbent upon VASS Lawyers.
Which is the lawful basis for processing?
Personal data are processed by VASS Lawyers on one of the following grounds:
- your consent in this regard expressed by subscribing to the news alerts (art. 6 par. (1) letter (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation („GDPR”));
- performance or conclusion of a contract between you and VASS Lawyers (art. 6 par. (1) letter (b) of the GDPR);
- compliance with a legal obligation incumbent upon VASS Lawyers (art. 6 par. (1) letter (c) of the GDPR);
- performance of a task carried out in the public interest, when the provision of the legal services involves such an operation (art. 6 par. (1) letter (e) of the GDPR).
- legitimate interests pursued by VASS Lawyers (art. 6 par. (1) letter (f) of the GDPR).
VASS Lawyers may also process, where the case, special categories of personal data (e.g.
data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, data concerning health): (i) whenever necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal right in front of the courts (art. 9 par. (2) letter (f) of the GDPR), or (ii) whenever necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of VASS Lawyers or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law (art. 9 par. (2) letter (b) of the GDPR).
Which are the legitimate interests of VASS Lawyers?
Your personal data are processed, whenever the case, for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by VASS Lawyers, such as provision of the legal services, depending on its area of expertise, conclusion of contracts with the legal persons within which you carry out your activity and/or proper management of the performance of the Contract, proper functioning and/or improvement of our website.
Who has access to the personal data?
VASS Lawyers may process the personal data through the following third parties, as the case may be: (i) the e-mail provider (e.g. Microsoft Corporation); the personal data may be stored within the e-mails on Microsoft Corporation servers located in the United States of America; Microsoft Corporation has adhered to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework on 08.12.2016; (ii) the invoicing and court files management software provider; (iii) the accounting services provider; (iv) the bank; (v) the IT services provider; (vi) the web analysis services provider; (vii) public authorities and institutions (e.g. courts of law, arbitration courts, fiscal authorities, city halls); (viii) collaborators of VASS Lawyers (e.g. lawyers, notaries, executors, experts).
How long are personal data stored?
The personal data entrusted to us by you shall be processed by VASS Lawyers: (i) for the duration of the Contract and, subsequently, according to the legal provisions (e.g. for archiving purposes); (ii) for the duration necessary to achieve the purpose for which processing is carried out; (iii) for the duration necessary to provide the web analysis services.
Which are the rights of the data subjects?
In your capacity as data subjects whose personal data are collected and processed by VASS Lawyers, in its capacity as controller, you have the following rights:
- right of access to the data –you have the right to obtain from VASS Lawyers a confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, as well as access to such data, according to GDPR provisions;
- right to rectification – you have the right to obtain from VASS Lawyers the rectification of the inaccurate personal data as well as the right to have incomplete personal data completed;
- right to erasure – you have the right to obtain from VASS Lawyers the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay when, inter alia, the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- right to restriction of processing – you have the right to obtain from VASS Lawyers restriction of processing when, inter alia, you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling VASS Lawyers to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- right to data portability – you have the right to receive the personal data, as provided to VASS Lawyers, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer such data to another controller, under certain conditions;
- right to object – you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data, including profiling based on such conditions;
- right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling;
- right to submit a complaint in front of the Romanian National Authority for the Supervising and Processing of Personal Data;
- right to withdraw consent, at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal, in case of processing with the purpose of providing our news alerts; you can unsubscribe from our news alerts by following the ‘unsubscribe from this list’ link or by following the ‘update subscription preferences’ link and opting to unsubscribe, within any news alert received.
How to access the personal data?
For any questions or requests concerning personal data, including in order to exercise the data subject’s rights, as provided hereunder (e.g. requesting a copy of personal data, requesting the modification, erasure thereof), you can contact VASS Lawyers at: firstname.lastname@example.org
VASS Lawyers shall provide you with the information in an electronic form whenever possible, unless you request such information in another form.
The information provided, as well as any communication and any actions taken in the exercise of the data subject’s rights hereunder shall be provided by VASS Lawyers free of charge. Nevertheless, where such requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, VASS Lawyers may either: (i) charge a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested; or (ii) refuse to act on the request.
This policy refers to the cookies used by the website operated by Cabinet de Avocat VASS Iulia – Erzsebet (“VASS Lawyers”), as well as the options you have to control them.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs.
By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- session cookie, which is erased when the user closes the browser; or
- persistent cookie, which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
By the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- first-party cookies, which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain
There are other similar technologies such as pixel tags, web bugs, web storage and other similar files and technologies that can also do the same thing as cookies. VASS Lawyers uses the term “cookies” in this Cookies Policy to refer to cookies and all such similar technologies that collect information in this way.
Our website uses Google Analytics cookies that monitor the manner in which visitors navigate through our website and how they reached it and provide anonymous information about where you go and what you do on the website.
|__utma||2 years||Used to distinguish users and sessions|
|__utmb||30 minutes||Used to determine new sessions/visits|
|__utmc||Session||Used to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit|
|__utmt||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate|
|__utmv||2 years||Used to track visitor behavior and measure site performance|
|__utmz||6 months||Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate|
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for our website to work but it will provide you with a better experience. You can control and/or delete these cookies and similar technologies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
How to control cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and some services and functionalities may not work.
This Cookies Policy was last updated on the 10th of April 2019.